March 5, 2015 – Brian Conn has been elected as the new Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Canola Council of Canada (CCC).
Conn is Vice President – Canadian Oilseeds with Louis Dreyfus Commodities Canada Ltd. He succeeds Terry Youzwa who finished his two-year term as Chairman but remains on the board as a director.
“On behalf of the board, I would like to thank Terry for his service as Chairman,” says Conn. “Terry played a key role in the development and launch of our new 2025 strategy, and I look forward to continuing to work with the board to achieve these goals through partnership and innovation.”
New to the CCC Board of Directors are:
- Michael Irons of Archer Daniels Midland Co., nominated by the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association;
- Greg Sears of Alberta Canola Producers Commission, nominated by grower associations; and
- Greg Stokke of Pioneer Hi-Bred, nominated by the CCC board.
To provide a strong voice for all segments of the industry, CCC directors are nominated by organizations representing growers, processors and exporters, as well as by regular CCC members and the CCC Board.
The new board was announced at the CCC’s Annual General Meeting held in Banff this morning. The AGM was followed by the launch of the CCC’s 2014 annual report: Innovation in Action. Please click here to view the annual report.
2015/16 CANOLA COUNCIL OF CANADA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nominated by the CCC Board of Directors:
- Conor Dobson, Bayer CropScience
- David Dzisiak, Dow AgroSciences
- Brett Halstead, Canadian Canola Growers Association
- Greg Stokke, Pioneer Hi-Bred Ltd.
Nominated by the provincial canola growers associations:
- Brian Chorney, Manitoba Canola Growers Association
- Greg Sears, Alberta Canola Producers Commission
- Terry Youzwa, SaskCanola
Nominated by the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association:
- Michael Irons, Archer Daniels Midland Co.
- Woody Galloway, Bunge Canada
- Ken Stone, Cargill Ltd.
Nominated by Western Grain Elevator Association:
- Adrian Man, Richardson International Ltd.
- Dean McQueen, Viterra
- Neil Sabourin, Cargill Ltd.
Nominated by Regular Members:
- Neil Arbuckle, Monsanto Canada
- Brian Conn, Louis Dreyfus Commodities Canada Ltd.
- James Rea, Richardson Oilseed Limited
The Canola Council of Canada is a full value chain organization representing canola growers, processors, life science companies and exporters. Keep it Coming 2025 is the strategic plan to ensure the canola industry’s continued growth, demand, stability and success – achieving 52 bushels per acre to meet global market demand of 26 million metric tonnes by the year 2025.
Media may contact:
Heidi Rubeniuk, Director, Communications