The 2019 Canola Discovery Forum, to be held at the RBC Convention in Winnipeg on November 13-14, will dig into integrated pest management (IPM). You are invited to join us to learn from one another, discover new ideas and enhance IPM BMPs.
About CDF: The Canola Discovery Forum provides a unique annual opportunity to bring together our value chain, encouraging collaboration, consensus building and dialogue between industry members that are not often given the opportunity to be together in one room. The target audience includes: canola growers, researchers, life science representatives, regulators, equipment manufacturers, economists, climatologists, agronomists, extension specialists.
Program: The program includes a review of CCC agronomy messaging for 2019-20, IPM research project highlights, presentations on stronger crop rotations and emerging threats, and a producer panel on IPM on the farm.
Speakers: In addition to the CCC crop production & innovation team, speakers include:
- Alan Schlachter, vice president, chemistry, with CropLife Canada
- John Kruse, chief technology officer for Plant Response Biotech
- Mary Ruth McDonald, U of Guelph prof, on patch management for clubroot
- Murray Hartman, former oilseed specialist with Alberta Agriculture
- Steven Whyard, U of M associate prof, on biotech for pest management