CANADIAN CANOLA RESEARCH CLUSTER
AAFC Next Policy Framework (2018-2023)
REQUEST FOR LETTERS OF INTENT (LOI)
Due Date: March 13, 2017
From 2010-2018, the canola industry and AAFC will have jointly invested close to $40 million in two canola research clusters funded under Growing Forward 1 and 2. This investment has been integral in helping the industry meet its goals, and has successfully addressed multiple industry-wide priorities. For more information on the development of the Next Policy Framework, please visit the AAFC website.
The Canola Council of Canada, along with Alberta Canola, SaskCanola and Manitoba Canola Growers Association, are looking to build on this success and propel the industry to the targets set in the strategic plan, 52 by 2025: Keep it Coming. A request for Letters of Intent (LOI) for possible inclusion in a third science cluster is underway.
- Eligible researchers include those in universities, not-for-profit research institutions and federal and provincial research organizations.
- LOI’s must be submitted on the appropriate template and must align with one of the research priority areas as described in the document: Canola Research Priorities for the Next Policy Framework (PDF).
- Regional, national and if relevant international collaboration is strongly encouraged and should be clearly noted in the LOI.
- Funding will be considered for the time period April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2023.
- The deadline for submission of LOI’s is March 13, 2017 at 8:00 am CDT. LOI’s may be submitted by email to Lisa Campbell, Oil Nutrition Research Manager at email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be notified and will be requested to submit a full proposal. Full proposals will undergo a peer review process prior to final acceptance.
Letter of Intent Template (MS Word)