The Canola Watch 2021 annual exam for Certified Crop Advisors and Certified Crop Science Consultants (and anyone else who wants to enhance their agronomy skills) has five sections:
- 4R nutrient management (20 questions and 2 CEUs)
- Seed decisions: Choose the best cultivar for each field (10 questions and 1 CEU)
- Plant establishment: Achieve a uniform 5 to 8 plants per square foot (10 questions and 1 CEU)
- Pest management: Identify and manage the top yield robbers (20 questions and 2 CEUs)
- Harvest and storage: Deliver every seed at No.1 grade (10 questions and 1 CEU)
Customize the exam based on credits you need. Credits will apply in either 2021 or 2022, depending on when you pass each section. For those who pass, Canola Watch will submit names and program ID numbers to the program to have the credits counted.
For questions or additional information on this exam, please contact Jay Whetter at 807-468-4006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 4: Pest management
The first step in pest management is to scout regularly to see what pests, environmental factors or mechanical issues (seed placement, sprayer settings, etc.) cause the greatest loss in each field. This section has 20 questions that will help you identify and manage the top yield robbers.
Answers will be found in Canola Watch content from 2021 as well as supporting resources from Canola Encyclopedia, Canola Research Hub and more.
Achieve a minimum score of 70 per cent (14 out of 20) to receive 2 Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or Certified Crop Science Consultant (CCSC) continuing education credits (CEUs). Specific credits for CCAs are: 2 CEU in integrated pest management. CCA tracking number SS 55361.