The Canola Watch 2021 annual exam for Certified Crop Advisors and Certified Crop Science Consultants (and anyone else who wants to enhance their agronomy skills) has five sections:
- 4R nutrient management (20 questions and 2 CEUs)
- Seed decisions: Choose the best cultivar for each field (10 questions and 1 CEU)
- Plant establishment: Achieve a uniform 5 to 8 plants per square foot (10 questions and 1 CEU)
- Pest management: Identify and manage the top yield robbers (20 questions and 2 CEUs)
- Harvest and storage: Deliver every seed at No.1 grade (10 questions and 1 CEU)
Customize the exam based on credits you need. Credits will apply in either 2021 or 2022, depending on when you pass each section. For those who pass, Canola Watch will submit names and program ID numbers to the program to have the credits counted.
For questions or additional information on this exam, please contact Jay Whetter at 807-468-4006 or email@example.com.
Section 2: Seed decisions
What are the most useful seed traits for each field? Choices can include disease resistance, days to maturity, pod-shatter resistance and more. This section has 10 questions to help CCAs, growers and agronomists determine the best canola cultivar for each field.
Answers will be found in Canola Watch content from 2021 as well as supporting resources from Canola Encyclopedia, Canola Research Hub and more.
Achieve a minimum score of 70 per cent (7 out of 10) to receive 2 Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or Certified Crop Science Consultant (CCSC) continuing education credits (CEUs). Specific credits for CCAs are: 1 CEU in crop management. CCA tracking number SS 55362.